The church of St Giles, Standlake, was founded in the latter part of the 12th century and was enlarged during the 13th and 14th centuries.
A restoration was carried out by the architect Clapton Rolfe between 1880 and 1891. He designed the carved angels in the roof and most of the other woodwork carvings, including the pulpit, pew ends, font cover the altar – all of which were then executed by Harry Hams of Exeter.
The spire was restored in 1911. In the Autumn of 2013 the four front pews were removed to allow for the installation of a nave altar – the dais being constructed by Townsend Builders of Ducklington and the oak altar was designed and built by Tom Townsend.
- How to find us
Oxfordshire, OX29 7SG
The Revd Andrew TweedyThe Rectory
OX29 5RP(01865) 880914